Electrical Panel Upgrades
The appliances and gadgets we keep in our homes look and act a lot different than those at the turn of the century. From computers and gaming systems to tankless water heaters and power tools, the modern home is abuzz with a myriad of different technologies all drawing from the same electrical source; but how reliable is that source? An outdated electrical panel can cause a whole host of undesirable issues that can be quickly prevented with an electrical service upgrade.
What’s involved in an electrical service upgrade?
The key component here is your electrical panel. The power you receive from your utility company gets sent to your electrical panel which then regulates and redistributes that energy to the various subpanels and circuits throughout your home and garage. An electrical service upgrade will replace your outdated panel with a brand new circuit panel with plenty of room for additional circuits to ensure that all areas in your home safely and efficiently receives all the power it needs.
How do I know if I need a new electrical panel?
If any of the following issues pertain to you, then it’s important to contact an electrician for an upgrade consult:
- Overcrowded circuit panel
- No room left for additional circuits
- Over-reliance on extension cords and power strips due to an inadequate number of outlets or non-working outlets
- Flickering or dimming lights
- Burning smells near electronics or appliances
- Constantly tripping circuit breakers that won’t remain reset
- Signs of corrosion and/or rust on the breakers or panel
- Appliances running at less than full power
- Evidence of electrical fires in the panel (noticeable by an acrid odor and charring or similar discolored marks)
You should also consider upgrading your electrical system if you’re planning to add a home addition, renovate any rooms, or want to install a major appliance, such as switching to a central heating and air conditioning unit.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.